Republic day celebration 26-Jan-2018 :
Republic day is celebrated every year as the representation of India became republic and by the act passed named as Constitution of India which came into effect from 26th January 1950. This year is heading to 69th Republic day celebration. This celebration happens on 26th January 2018 at New Delhi. This year highlights with the parade as usual but it takes place at India Gate.
This year chief guests are the heads of the countries listed below:
- Thailand- Prayuth Chan-ocha(Prime Minister)
- Indonesia-Joko Widodo(President)
- Malaysia-Najib Razak(Prime Minister)
- The Philippines-RodrigoRoa Duterte(President)
- Singapore-Halimah Yacob(President)
- Myanmar-Htin Kyaw(President)
- Cambodia-Hun Sen(Prime Minister)
- Laos-Thongloun Sisoulith(Prime Minister) and
- Brunei- Hassanal Bolkiah(Sultan and Incumbent Prime Minister)
- Vietnam- Nguyen Xuan Phuc(Prime Minister)
The parade starts at 9 am from Rasthrapathi Bhavan along the way of Rajpath past India Gate and it is followed by flag hoisting later half an hour. Then the celebrations lasts for a day. The events rehearsal would be done several times prior to the big day. Usually the parade is done for 5 kilo-meters.
This parade is not only done by the Army Navy and Air-force as usual but also by 700 students across the guest countries who performs in this massive event. Stunts and acrobatics are yet to performed by the skilled. Royal Enfield Bullet motorcycles are going to be performed as the part of the parade. The celebration will be broadcasted all around the world which depicts the pride and power of our country.