Here we list the 30 facts about India.
30 facts about India:
30. More than a million Indians are millionaires, yet most Indians live on less than two dollars a day. Estimated 35% of India’s population lives below the poverty line.
29. Hindi is not a national language of India. There are more than 20 official languages and Hindi is one of them. An official language is a way all the people can communicate with others. And most of the Indian people are not happy with communicating in Hindi.
28. Indians don’t use toilet paper. They used water with a left hand to wash. Consequently, the left hand is considered unclean. That’s why Indians are using the left hand.
27. Since cows are worshiped in India, They can be found freely wandering the streets of India’s cities. Hindus considered the cows as one of the God.
26. Nearly 50% of India’s population is said not to have a toilet at home.
25. Indians are hiring Private Investigators to run a Background check on prospective brides and grooms ahead of the wedding.
24. USB was developed by an Indian-American computer architect Ajay V. Bhatt in 1994.
23. The famous actor Sherlock and Doctor Strange worked as a teacher to teach English in Darjiling before he started his film career.
22. The shampoo is one of the necessary things for bathing. Shampooing is an Indian concept because Shampoo was invented in India.
21. Dr. Rajendra Prasad only took 50% of his salary when he was appointed as the President of India. The President’s salary was 10,000 rupees at that time.
20. India is the world’s biggest producer and consumer of mangoes. A lot of people eat mangoes in summer. It is India’s official natural food. Tamil Nadu got the #1 place for highly produces the mangoes.
19. India has a Spa just for elephants. In every year, a camp would be held on Tamil Nadu and Kerala for elephants. All elephants will enjoy in the camp which is actually a theme park for them.
18. Dolphins are the most intelligent animals in the world. It can understand the human’s speech. That’s why Indian government was ordered to treat them as a human.
17. Samosa is not an Indian dish. They are popular all over the world. But originated in Sanctuary Asia.
16. Indian trucks encourage honking. There are painted “Horn OK Please” in the backside of all Indian trucks. And especially the drivers have minimum 3 horns in their truck.
15. India has the largest number vegetarians in the world. Because of religious reasons and personal opinions. Around 20 – 40% of people were vegetarians in India.
14. The “Kumbh Mela (Grand Pitcher festival)” is a huge Hindu religious festival that takes place in India every 12 years. In 2013, 120 million people attended this event, breaking the record for the world’s biggest gathering.
13. India has the world’s largest movie industry, based on the city of Mumbai (known as the city of dreams). The Bollywood word came from Bombay (Now Mumbai).
12. To avoid polluting the elements such as Water, Fire, Air, and Earth, followers of Zoroastrianism in India don’t bury their dead body. But instead, leave bodies in buildings called “Tower of Silence” for the vultures to pick clean.
11. An Indian holds the record for having a large family. Residing in the Baktawng village, India, Ziona is the head of the world’s largest family with 39 wives, 94 children, 14 Daughters-in-law and 33 Grandchildren.
10. Having 31 doctors in a family sounds something close to impossible. But a family in Jaipur has 7 Physicians, 5 cardiologists, 3 anthologists, and surgeons, psychometrician, dentist, ortho-pediatrician.
9. India has the highest Gold consumption in the world.
8. Billionaires build entire skyscrapers and live in them as homes. For example, Mukesh Ambani built a 400,000 square foot, 27-story building called Antilla that was estimated to cost $1 Billion.
7. Indians spend tens of millions of dollars on weddings.
6. Realtors advertise buildings just for Brahmins.
5. In July 2017, India faced a massive power outage that left 600 million people without power.
4. India is known for its spices, especially for its flavorful spicy food. In all around the world, 75% spices are coming from India.
3. With over 1.5 million post offices, India has the largest postal network in the world.
2. India owns Bandra Worli Sealink – an engineering marvel. It’s the first 8-lane freeway over the open sea.
1. More than 100 million years ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, most of what is now India was an island. It has broken up from an ancient super continental Gondwanaland. And India moved to Asia then crashed into it. These crashes have created the Himalayas.